The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (piece of paper), is a method for kids and adults alike to reveal themselves. You can inform a lot about the method a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, etc. It is very important to offer kids a chance to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, numerous use art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Therapy - for many people (myself consisted of) coloring is therapeutic. Despite whether it's doodling, or coloring the "finest image ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a busy early morning of school work, unwind, and calm down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - numerous kids find out how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The little muscles needed for penmanship later begin to be established while coloring.
6) Building motor abilities
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single task for a length of time is needed for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a toddler or young child might doodle all over a coloring sheet, without any respect for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the child gets older, they will begin to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I motivate blank paper coloring for free expression as often as possible, for numerous preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed boundaries. This early exposure to boundaries in print, will be a huge aid when handwriting time occurs, and the child has to appreciate the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "value" of coloring that I will mention for now, which is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of accomplishment, the primary step towards a successful scholastic career for numerous kids. For numerous kids coloring in the lines is just as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the multiplication facts, etc. It's a milestone that says "yes I can" do whatever I discover, and it offers kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is often quick to judge, and slow to react. This sense of accomplishment will bring them through life, and assist them not to give up so easily, when something brand-new occurs.