The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a method for kids and grownups alike to reveal themselves. You can tell a lot about the way an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, and so on. It is important to offer kids an opportunity to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, many use art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Treatment - for many individuals (myself included) coloring is restorative. No matter whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "best image ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a busy early morning of school work, wind down, and cool down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - many kids discover how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first learning how to hold a crayon. The little muscles needed for penmanship later begin to be developed while coloring.
6) Building motor abilities
7) Focus - Taking note of a single task for a length of time is necessary for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Limits - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted pictures on them, is how to accept borders. While a young child or young child may doodle all over a coloring sheet, with no respect for the borders (lines on the coloring page), as the kid gets older, they will begin to respect those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I motivate blank paper coloring totally free expression as typically as possible, for many young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first direct exposure to printed borders. This early direct exposure to borders in print, will be a substantial aid when handwriting time occurs, and the kid has to respect the borders of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will point out in the meantime, which is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of accomplishment, the initial step towards a successful scholastic career for many kids. For many kids coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, finding out the reproduction truths, and so forth. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I encounter, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is typically quick to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of accomplishment will bring them through life, and help them not to quit so easily, when something new comes along.
Back To Gerbil Coloring Pages Collection