The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (piece of paper), is a method for kids and adults alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the way a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, etc. It is important to provide kids an opportunity to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, lots of use art.
2) Color recognition
3) Therapy - for many people (myself included) coloring is healing. No matter whether it's doodling, or coloring the "best picture ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a busy early morning of school work, wind down, and cool down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids discover how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The little muscles required for penmanship later begin to be established while coloring.
6) Building motor skills
7) Focus - Paying attention to a single job for a length of time is essential for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Borders - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted pictures on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a young child or young child may doodle all over a coloring sheet, with no regard for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the child ages, they will begin to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring free of charge expression as frequently as possible, for lots of preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed boundaries. This early exposure to boundaries in print, will be a huge assistance when handwriting time occurs, and the child needs to appreciate the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will point out for now, which is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the initial step towards a successful academic profession for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is just as essential as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, learning the reproduction truths, and so forth. It's a milestone that says "yes I can" do whatever I encounter, and it provides kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is frequently fast to judge, and slow to react. This sense of achievement will bring them through life, and help them not to give up so easily, when something brand-new occurs.
Back To Gerbil Coloring Pages Collection