The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a way for kids and grownups alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the method an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, etc. It is very important to offer kids an opportunity to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, numerous use art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Therapy - for many individuals (myself consisted of) coloring is therapeutic. Despite whether it's doodling, or coloring the "finest picture ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a busy morning of school work, unwind, and calm down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - numerous kids discover how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The small muscles needed for penmanship later on begin to be developed while coloring.
6) Building motor skills
7) Focus - Focusing on a single task for a length of time is required for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted images on them, is how to accept limits. While a toddler or young child may scribble all over a coloring sheet, without any regard for the limits (lines on the coloring page), as the child ages, they will begin to respect those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring totally free expression as frequently as possible, for numerous young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed limits. This early exposure to limits in print, will be a substantial aid when handwriting time comes around, and the child has to respect the limits of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "value" of coloring that I will discuss for now, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the primary step towards an effective scholastic career for numerous kids. For numerous kids coloring in the lines is just as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, finding out the multiplication facts, etc. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I encounter, and it offers kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and helps them to feel accepted in a society that is frequently fast to judge, and slow to react. This sense of achievement will bring them through life, and assist them not to quit so quickly, when something new occurs.
Back To Gharial Coloring Pages