The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a method for kids and grownups alike to reveal themselves. You can inform a lot about the method an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, etc. It is essential to offer kids a chance to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, lots of usage art.
2) Color recognition
3) Therapy - for many people (myself consisted of) coloring is therapeutic. No matter whether it's doodling, or coloring the "best photo ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a hectic morning of school work, wind down, and calm down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids find out how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The small muscles needed for penmanship later start to be established while coloring.
6) Structure motor abilities
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single job for a length of time is needed for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Limits - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted pictures on them, is how to accept borders. While a young child or preschooler may scribble all over a coloring sheet, without any regard for the borders (lines on the coloring page), as the kid grows older, they will start to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring totally free expression as typically as possible, for lots of preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their first direct exposure to printed borders. This early direct exposure to borders in print, will be a huge aid when handwriting time happens, and the kid needs to appreciate the borders of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will point out for now, which is that coloring in the lines is a turning point, a sense of accomplishment, the primary step towards a successful scholastic profession for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the reproduction truths, etc. It's a turning point that says "yes I can" do whatever I encounter, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is typically fast to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of accomplishment will carry them through life, and help them not to quit so easily, when something new occurs.
Back To Gopher Coloring Pages