The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a method for kids and adults alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the way an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, and so on. It is very important to provide kids a chance to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, lots of usage art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Therapy - for many people (myself consisted of) coloring is therapeutic. No matter whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "best photo ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a hectic morning of school work, wind down, and calm down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids find out how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The small muscles required for penmanship later on start to be established while coloring.
6) Building motor skills
7) Focus - Focusing on a single job for a length of time is necessary for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that kids learn from coloring pages, with preprinted pictures on them, is how to accept borders. While a young child or young child may doodle all over a coloring sheet, without any regard for the borders (lines on the coloring page), as the kid grows older, they will start to respect those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring free of charge expression as often as possible, for lots of young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed borders. This early exposure to borders in print, will be a substantial assistance when handwriting time occurs, and the kid has to respect the borders of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "significance" of coloring that I will point out for now, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of accomplishment, the initial step towards an effective academic career for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is simply as essential as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, finding out the multiplication truths, and so forth. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I discover, and it provides kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and helps them to feel accepted in a society that is often fast to judge, and slow to react. This sense of accomplishment will bring them through life, and assist them not to give up so quickly, when something brand-new occurs.
Back To Gopher Coloring Pages