The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a method for kids and grownups alike to reveal themselves. You can tell a lot about the method a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, and so on. It is very important to provide kids a possibility to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, lots of use art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Treatment - for lots of people (myself included) coloring is restorative. Despite whether it's doodling, or coloring the "best picture ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a hectic morning of school work, wind down, and relax, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by very first knowing how to hold a crayon. The small muscles required for penmanship later begin to be developed while coloring.
6) Building motor abilities
7) Focus - Focusing on a single job for a length of time is required for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Borders - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a young child or young child may doodle all over a coloring sheet, with no regard for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the kid gets older, they will begin to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring for free expression as typically as possible, for lots of preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their very first exposure to printed boundaries. This early exposure to boundaries in print, will be a huge help when handwriting time happens, and the kid needs to appreciate the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will discuss for now, which is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the primary step towards a successful academic profession for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is just as essential as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, finding out the multiplication truths, and so forth. It's a milestone that says "yes I can" do whatever I come across, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and helps them to feel accepted in a society that is typically fast to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of achievement will carry them through life, and assist them not to quit so easily, when something brand-new comes along.
Back To Grasshopper Coloring Pages