The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (piece of paper), is a method for kids and adults alike to express themselves. You can inform a lot about the method an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, and so on. It is essential to offer kids an opportunity to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, numerous usage art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Therapy - for many people (myself included) coloring is restorative. No matter whether it's doodling, or coloring the "finest photo ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a busy morning of school work, unwind, and cool down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - numerous kids discover how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The small muscles required for penmanship later start to be developed while coloring.
6) Structure motor skills
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single task for a length of time is essential for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Limits - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted images on them, is how to accept limits. While a toddler or young child may scribble all over a coloring sheet, with no respect for the limits (lines on the coloring page), as the kid grows older, they will start to respect those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I motivate blank paper coloring totally free expression as frequently as possible, for numerous young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first direct exposure to printed limits. This early direct exposure to limits in print, will be a huge help when handwriting time comes around, and the kid has to respect the limits of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "value" of coloring that I will point out for now, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of accomplishment, the primary step towards a successful academic career for numerous kids. For numerous kids coloring in the lines is simply as important as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the multiplication facts, etc. It's a milestone that says "yes I can" do whatever I discover, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and helps them to feel accepted in a society that is frequently fast to judge, and slow to react. This sense of accomplishment will carry them through life, and help them not to give up so easily, when something brand-new comes along.
Back To Grasshopper Coloring Pages