The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a method for kids and grownups alike to reveal themselves. You can tell a lot about the method an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, etc. It is essential to provide kids a chance to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, numerous use art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Treatment - for many people (myself included) coloring is restorative. No matter whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "best picture ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a busy early morning of school work, unwind, and cool down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - numerous kids discover how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by very first learning how to hold a crayon. The little muscles needed for penmanship later on begin to be established while coloring.
6) Building motor skills
7) Focus - Focusing on a single job for a length of time is essential for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that kids learn from coloring pages, with preprinted images on them, is how to accept borders. While a young child or preschooler may scribble all over a coloring sheet, without any regard for the borders (lines on the coloring page), as the child gets older, they will begin to respect those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring for free expression as often as possible, for numerous young children pre-printed coloring pages are their very first exposure to printed borders. This early exposure to borders in print, will be a substantial assistance when handwriting time happens, and the child needs to respect the borders of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will mention in the meantime, which is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the primary step towards an effective scholastic profession for numerous kids. For numerous kids coloring in the lines is simply as essential as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, finding out the reproduction facts, and so forth. It's a milestone that says "yes I can" do whatever I stumble upon, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and helps them to feel accepted in a society that is often fast to judge, and slow to react. This sense of achievement will carry them through life, and assist them not to quit so easily, when something new comes along.
Back To Grasshopper Coloring Pages