The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a method for children and adults alike to reveal themselves. You can tell a lot about the method an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, and so on. It is necessary to provide children a possibility to reveal themselves, and not all children reveal themselves through words and through writing, lots of usage art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Therapy - for lots of people (myself included) coloring is healing. Regardless of whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "best picture ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a busy morning of school work, unwind, and relax, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of children learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by very first learning how to hold a crayon. The small muscles needed for penmanship later begin to be developed while coloring.
6) Building motor abilities
7) Focus - Taking note of a single job for a length of time is required for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Borders - Another thing that children gain from coloring pages, with preprinted pictures on them, is how to accept borders. While a young child or young child might scribble all over a coloring sheet, without any regard for the borders (lines on the coloring page), as the child grows older, they will begin to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring free of charge expression as often as possible, for lots of preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their very first exposure to printed borders. This early exposure to borders in print, will be a substantial aid when handwriting time happens, and the child has to appreciate the borders of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "value" of coloring that I will discuss in the meantime, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the initial step towards a successful academic career for lots of children. For lots of children coloring in the lines is simply as essential as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, learning the reproduction truths, etc. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I stumble upon, and it offers children with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is often quick to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of achievement will carry them through life, and help them not to quit so quickly, when something brand-new comes along.
Back To Greyhound Coloring Pages