The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (piece of paper), is a method for children and adults alike to reveal themselves. You can tell a lot about the way an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, etc. It is essential to give children a chance to reveal themselves, and not all children reveal themselves through words and through writing, numerous usage art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Therapy - for many people (myself included) coloring is therapeutic. No matter whether it's doodling, or coloring the "finest picture ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a hectic morning of school work, unwind, and relax, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - numerous children find out how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first learning how to hold a crayon. The small muscles required for penmanship later on start to be developed while coloring.
6) Building motor skills
7) Focus - Focusing on a single task for a length of time is needed for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that children learn from coloring pages, with preprinted images on them, is how to accept limits. While a toddler or preschooler might doodle all over a coloring sheet, without any regard for the limits (lines on the coloring page), as the kid ages, they will start to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring totally free expression as frequently as possible, for numerous young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed limits. This early exposure to limits in print, will be a huge aid when handwriting time comes around, and the kid needs to appreciate the limits of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "value" of coloring that I will point out for now, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the first step towards an effective scholastic career for numerous children. For numerous children coloring in the lines is just as essential as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the reproduction facts, etc. It's a milestone that says "yes I can" do whatever I discover, and it provides children with pride, a sense of self worth, and helps them to feel accepted in a society that is frequently quick to judge, and slow to react. This sense of achievement will carry them through life, and help them not to quit so easily, when something brand-new occurs.
Back To Greyhound Coloring Pages