The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a way for kids and adults alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the method a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, and so on. It is very important to provide kids an opportunity to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, lots of use art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Treatment - for lots of people (myself consisted of) coloring is restorative. No matter whether it's doodling, or coloring the "best picture ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a hectic early morning of school work, wind down, and cool down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by very first learning how to hold a crayon. The little muscles needed for penmanship later start to be developed while coloring.
6) Building motor skills
7) Focus - Taking note of a single job for a length of time is essential for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a toddler or young child might scribble all over a coloring sheet, with no regard for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the child gets older, they will start to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I motivate blank paper coloring totally free expression as frequently as possible, for lots of young children pre-printed coloring pages are their very first exposure to printed boundaries. This early exposure to boundaries in print, will be a big help when handwriting time comes around, and the child has to appreciate the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will discuss for now, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the primary step towards an effective academic profession for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is just as essential as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the reproduction realities, etc. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I discover, and it provides kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is frequently quick to judge, and slow to react. This sense of achievement will carry them through life, and help them not to quit so quickly, when something brand-new comes along.
Back To Grizzly Bear Coloring Pages