The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a method for kids and adults alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the method a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, and so on. It is necessary to give kids an opportunity to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, lots of use art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Treatment - for lots of people (myself consisted of) coloring is restorative. No matter whether it's doodling, or coloring the "best image ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a hectic early morning of school work, wind down, and cool down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids find out how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by very first learning how to hold a crayon. The little muscles needed for penmanship later on begin to be established while coloring.
6) Structure motor skills
7) Focus - Paying attention to a single job for a length of time is essential for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted images on them, is how to accept limits. While a toddler or young child may doodle all over a coloring sheet, without any respect for the limits (lines on the coloring page), as the child gets older, they will begin to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring totally free expression as frequently as possible, for lots of young children pre-printed coloring pages are their very first exposure to printed limits. This early exposure to limits in print, will be a huge assistance when handwriting time occurs, and the child has to appreciate the limits of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will discuss in the meantime, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of accomplishment, the initial step towards a successful academic career for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, finding out the multiplication truths, and so forth. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I discover, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is frequently quick to judge, and slow to react. This sense of accomplishment will bring them through life, and help them not to quit so easily, when something new occurs.
Back To Grizzly Bear Coloring Pages