The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a way for kids and grownups alike to reveal themselves. You can tell a lot about the way an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, and so on. It is important to give kids a possibility to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, many use art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Treatment - for many individuals (myself included) coloring is therapeutic. No matter whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "best picture ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a busy morning of school work, unwind, and calm down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - many kids discover how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by very first knowing how to hold a crayon. The small muscles required for penmanship later start to be established while coloring.
6) Building motor skills
7) Focus - Paying attention to a single task for a length of time is needed for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a toddler or preschooler may scribble all over a coloring sheet, with no regard for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the kid grows older, they will start to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I motivate blank paper coloring free of charge expression as often as possible, for many young children pre-printed coloring pages are their very first exposure to printed boundaries. This early exposure to boundaries in print, will be a big assistance when handwriting time happens, and the kid has to appreciate the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will discuss for now, and that is that coloring in the lines is a turning point, a sense of accomplishment, the primary step towards a successful scholastic career for many kids. For many kids coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, learning the multiplication truths, and so forth. It's a turning point that states "yes I can" do whatever I discover, and it provides kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and helps them to feel accepted in a society that is often quick to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of accomplishment will carry them through life, and assist them not to give up so quickly, when something new occurs.
Back To Guinea Pig Coloring Pages