The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a method for kids and grownups alike to reveal themselves. You can tell a lot about the way an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, etc. It is essential to give kids a chance to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, lots of use art.
2) Color recognition
3) Therapy - for lots of people (myself consisted of) coloring is restorative. Regardless of whether it's doodling, or coloring the "finest photo ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a hectic early morning of school work, unwind, and relax, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The small muscles required for penmanship later begin to be established while coloring.
6) Structure motor skills
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single task for a length of time is needed for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Limits - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept borders. While a toddler or young child may doodle all over a coloring sheet, without any regard for the borders (lines on the coloring page), as the kid gets older, they will begin to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring free of charge expression as often as possible, for lots of preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed borders. This early exposure to borders in print, will be a substantial help when handwriting time occurs, and the kid needs to appreciate the borders of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will mention in the meantime, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the initial step towards an effective academic profession for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, learning the multiplication facts, etc. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I come across, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is often fast to judge, and slow to react. This sense of achievement will carry them through life, and help them not to quit so quickly, when something brand-new occurs.
Back To Guinea Pig Coloring Pages