The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a way for kids and grownups alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the method an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, and so on. It is necessary to provide kids a possibility to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, lots of usage art.
2) Color recognition
3) Treatment - for many individuals (myself included) coloring is restorative. Despite whether it's doodling, or coloring the "best photo ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a busy morning of school work, unwind, and cool down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first learning how to hold a crayon. The small muscles needed for penmanship later on begin to be established while coloring.
6) Building motor skills
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single task for a length of time is essential for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Borders - Another thing that kids learn from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept borders. While a young child or preschooler might doodle all over a coloring sheet, without any respect for the borders (lines on the coloring page), as the child grows older, they will begin to respect those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring for free expression as often as possible, for lots of young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed borders. This early exposure to borders in print, will be a substantial aid when handwriting time comes around, and the child has to respect the borders of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will mention for now, and that is that coloring in the lines is a turning point, a sense of achievement, the primary step towards an effective academic profession for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the multiplication realities, and so forth. It's a turning point that states "yes I can" do whatever I encounter, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is often quick to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of achievement will bring them through life, and help them not to give up so quickly, when something new occurs.
Back To Guinea Pig Coloring Pages