The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a way for kids and adults alike to reveal themselves. You can tell a lot about the way an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, and so on. It is necessary to offer kids an opportunity to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, lots of use art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Treatment - for many individuals (myself included) coloring is healing. Regardless of whether it's doodling, or coloring the "finest image ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a busy early morning of school work, wind down, and calm down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The little muscles required for penmanship later start to be established while coloring.
6) Building motor abilities
7) Focus - Paying attention to a single task for a length of time is needed for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Borders - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted pictures on them, is how to accept limits. While a young child or young child might doodle all over a coloring sheet, without any regard for the limits (lines on the coloring page), as the kid grows older, they will start to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring for free expression as often as possible, for lots of preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their first direct exposure to printed limits. This early direct exposure to limits in print, will be a big assistance when handwriting time occurs, and the kid needs to appreciate the limits of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will discuss for now, and that is that coloring in the lines is a turning point, a sense of achievement, the initial step towards a successful scholastic career for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is just as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the reproduction truths, and so forth. It's a turning point that states "yes I can" do whatever I stumble upon, and it provides kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is often fast to judge, and slow to react. This sense of achievement will carry them through life, and help them not to quit so quickly, when something brand-new occurs.
Back To Guppy Coloring Pages