The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (piece of paper), is a method for children and adults alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the method a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, etc. It is essential to give children an opportunity to express themselves, and not all children express themselves through words and through writing, lots of usage art.
2) Color recognition
3) Treatment - for many individuals (myself included) coloring is healing. Regardless of whether it's doodling, or coloring the "finest image ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a busy morning of school work, unwind, and cool down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of children learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by very first learning how to hold a crayon. The little muscles required for penmanship later begin to be developed while coloring.
6) Building motor abilities
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single job for a length of time is required for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Borders - Another thing that children gain from coloring pages, with preprinted pictures on them, is how to accept borders. While a young child or young child may doodle all over a coloring sheet, with no regard for the borders (lines on the coloring page), as the kid grows older, they will begin to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring for free expression as typically as possible, for lots of young children pre-printed coloring pages are their very first direct exposure to printed borders. This early direct exposure to borders in print, will be a substantial help when handwriting time occurs, and the kid has to appreciate the borders of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "value" of coloring that I will point out in the meantime, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the initial step towards an effective academic profession for lots of children. For lots of children coloring in the lines is just as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the multiplication realities, etc. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I encounter, and it supplies children with pride, a sense of self worth, and helps them to feel accepted in a society that is typically fast to judge, and slow to react. This sense of achievement will carry them through life, and assist them not to give up so easily, when something brand-new occurs.
Back To Guppy Coloring Pages