The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a way for kids and adults alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the method a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, etc. It is very important to provide kids an opportunity to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, numerous use art.
2) Color recognition
3) Treatment - for lots of people (myself consisted of) coloring is therapeutic. No matter whether it's doodling, or coloring the "finest image ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a busy morning of school work, unwind, and cool down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - numerous kids learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The little muscles needed for penmanship later begin to be developed while coloring.
6) Structure motor abilities
7) Focus - Focusing on a single task for a length of time is essential for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted pictures on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a young child or young child may scribble all over a coloring sheet, with no respect for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the kid grows older, they will begin to respect those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I motivate blank paper coloring totally free expression as often as possible, for numerous young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed boundaries. This early exposure to boundaries in print, will be a substantial aid when handwriting time occurs, and the kid has to respect the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will mention in the meantime, and that is that coloring in the lines is a turning point, a sense of accomplishment, the primary step towards a successful academic profession for numerous kids. For numerous kids coloring in the lines is simply as essential as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, learning the reproduction truths, and so forth. It's a turning point that says "yes I can" do whatever I come across, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is often quick to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of accomplishment will carry them through life, and help them not to quit so quickly, when something new occurs.
Back To Guppy Coloring Pages