The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a method for kids and adults alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the way an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, etc. It is essential to offer kids a possibility to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, numerous usage art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Therapy - for many individuals (myself included) coloring is healing. Regardless of whether it's doodling, or coloring the "best picture ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a hectic morning of school work, wind down, and calm down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - numerous kids discover how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The small muscles required for penmanship later on start to be developed while coloring.
6) Building motor abilities
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single job for a length of time is needed for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Limits - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted images on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a young child or young child may scribble all over a coloring sheet, with no respect for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the kid grows older, they will start to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring totally free expression as often as possible, for numerous young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed boundaries. This early exposure to boundaries in print, will be a big help when handwriting time happens, and the kid needs to appreciate the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will mention for now, and that is that coloring in the lines is a turning point, a sense of accomplishment, the primary step towards a successful scholastic career for numerous kids. For numerous kids coloring in the lines is simply as important as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the multiplication realities, etc. It's a turning point that says "yes I can" do whatever I discover, and it offers kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and helps them to feel accepted in a society that is often fast to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of accomplishment will bring them through life, and assist them not to quit so quickly, when something brand-new comes along.
Back To Guppy Coloring Pages