The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (piece of paper), is a method for kids and grownups alike to reveal themselves. You can tell a lot about the method a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, and so on. It is important to give kids a chance to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, numerous use art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Treatment - for lots of people (myself included) coloring is restorative. No matter whether it's doodling, or coloring the "finest photo ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a busy morning of school work, unwind, and calm down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - numerous kids find out how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The little muscles needed for penmanship later begin to be developed while coloring.
6) Structure motor abilities
7) Focus - Taking note of a single task for a length of time is required for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Borders - Another thing that kids learn from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept limits. While a toddler or young child might scribble all over a coloring sheet, with no respect for the limits (lines on the coloring page), as the child gets older, they will begin to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I motivate blank paper coloring free of charge expression as frequently as possible, for numerous young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed limits. This early exposure to limits in print, will be a substantial aid when handwriting time occurs, and the child needs to appreciate the limits of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will mention in the meantime, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the first step towards a successful scholastic profession for numerous kids. For numerous kids coloring in the lines is simply as important as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, learning the reproduction facts, etc. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I stumble upon, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is frequently quick to judge, and slow to react. This sense of achievement will bring them through life, and assist them not to give up so easily, when something new comes along.
Back To Guppy Coloring Pages