The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a way for children and adults alike to reveal themselves. You can inform a lot about the method an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, etc. It is important to offer children a possibility to reveal themselves, and not all children reveal themselves through words and through writing, lots of use art.
2) Color recognition
3) Therapy - for lots of people (myself consisted of) coloring is restorative. No matter whether it's doodling, or coloring the "best photo ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a hectic morning of school work, unwind, and cool down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of children discover how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The small muscles needed for penmanship later start to be developed while coloring.
6) Building motor abilities
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single task for a length of time is needed for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Borders - Another thing that children learn from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept limits. While a young child or preschooler may scribble all over a coloring sheet, without any regard for the limits (lines on the coloring page), as the child grows older, they will start to respect those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring for free expression as typically as possible, for lots of young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed limits. This early exposure to limits in print, will be a big assistance when handwriting time happens, and the child has to respect the limits of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will discuss for now, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of accomplishment, the first step towards a successful academic profession for lots of children. For lots of children coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the multiplication facts, and so forth. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I encounter, and it supplies children with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is typically fast to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of accomplishment will carry them through life, and help them not to quit so easily, when something brand-new comes along.
Back To Mango Coloring Pages