The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a method for kids and adults alike to reveal themselves. You can inform a lot about the way a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, etc. It is essential to provide kids a chance to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, lots of use art.
2) Color recognition
3) Treatment - for many people (myself included) coloring is healing. Despite whether it's doodling, or coloring the "finest photo ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a hectic morning of school work, wind down, and calm down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids find out how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first learning how to hold a crayon. The little muscles needed for penmanship later on begin to be established while coloring.
6) Structure motor abilities
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single task for a length of time is necessary for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that kids learn from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a young child or young child may scribble all over a coloring sheet, without any regard for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the child grows older, they will begin to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring free of charge expression as typically as possible, for lots of young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed boundaries. This early exposure to boundaries in print, will be a big help when handwriting time occurs, and the child needs to appreciate the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will point out for now, which is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the first step towards a successful academic career for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is simply as essential as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, learning the multiplication facts, etc. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I discover, and it provides kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is typically fast to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of achievement will bring them through life, and assist them not to give up so easily, when something new occurs.
Back To Mango Coloring Pages