The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a method for kids and adults alike to reveal themselves. You can tell a lot about the method an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, etc. It is essential to give kids an opportunity to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, lots of usage art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Treatment - for many people (myself included) coloring is healing. Despite whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "best image ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a hectic morning of school work, wind down, and cool down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids discover how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first learning how to hold a crayon. The small muscles required for penmanship later on start to be established while coloring.
6) Building motor abilities
7) Focus - Focusing on a single task for a length of time is required for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Borders - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a toddler or young child may doodle all over a coloring sheet, without any regard for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the kid grows older, they will start to respect those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring free of charge expression as typically as possible, for lots of preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed boundaries. This early exposure to boundaries in print, will be a substantial assistance when handwriting time occurs, and the kid needs to respect the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "significance" of coloring that I will point out for now, which is that coloring in the lines is a turning point, a sense of achievement, the primary step towards an effective scholastic profession for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the multiplication truths, etc. It's a turning point that states "yes I can" do whatever I encounter, and it offers kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is typically quick to judge, and slow to react. This sense of achievement will bring them through life, and help them not to quit so easily, when something brand-new occurs.
Back To Mango Coloring Pages