The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a way for kids and adults alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the way an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, and so on. It is necessary to provide kids a chance to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, lots of usage art.
2) Color recognition
3) Treatment - for many people (myself included) coloring is restorative. Despite whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "finest photo ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a hectic morning of school work, unwind, and relax, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by very first knowing how to hold a crayon. The little muscles needed for penmanship later on start to be established while coloring.
6) Structure motor skills
7) Focus - Focusing on a single job for a length of time is essential for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Limits - Another thing that kids learn from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a toddler or preschooler might scribble all over a coloring sheet, without any regard for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the child grows older, they will start to respect those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring for free expression as frequently as possible, for lots of preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their very first exposure to printed boundaries. This early exposure to boundaries in print, will be a substantial help when handwriting time happens, and the child needs to respect the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "value" of coloring that I will discuss in the meantime, and that is that coloring in the lines is a turning point, a sense of accomplishment, the primary step towards an effective academic profession for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is simply as essential as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, learning the reproduction realities, and so forth. It's a turning point that states "yes I can" do whatever I encounter, and it offers kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and helps them to feel accepted in a society that is frequently quick to judge, and slow to react. This sense of accomplishment will bring them through life, and assist them not to quit so easily, when something new comes along.
Back To Gonoodle Coloring Pages Download