The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a method for kids and grownups alike to reveal themselves. You can tell a lot about the method a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, and so on. It is important to provide kids an opportunity to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, lots of usage art.
2) Color recognition
3) Therapy - for many people (myself included) coloring is therapeutic. Regardless of whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "finest picture ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a hectic morning of school work, unwind, and calm down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids discover how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by very first knowing how to hold a crayon. The little muscles needed for penmanship later on begin to be developed while coloring.
6) Structure motor abilities
7) Focus - Taking note of a single task for a length of time is essential for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Limits - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted images on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a toddler or young child might doodle all over a coloring sheet, with no respect for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the child grows older, they will begin to respect those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I motivate blank paper coloring totally free expression as often as possible, for lots of preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their very first direct exposure to printed boundaries. This early direct exposure to boundaries in print, will be a substantial assistance when handwriting time comes around, and the child needs to respect the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "significance" of coloring that I will point out in the meantime, which is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of accomplishment, the primary step towards a successful academic career for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, learning the reproduction realities, and so forth. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I encounter, and it offers kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is often quick to judge, and slow to react. This sense of accomplishment will carry them through life, and help them not to give up so quickly, when something brand-new occurs.
Back To Gonoodle Coloring Pages Download