The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a way for children and adults alike to reveal themselves. You can inform a lot about the method an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, and so on. It is essential to offer children an opportunity to reveal themselves, and not all children reveal themselves through words and through writing, lots of usage art.
2) Color recognition
3) Therapy - for lots of people (myself consisted of) coloring is healing. No matter whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "finest photo ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a busy morning of school work, unwind, and cool down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of children learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first learning how to hold a crayon. The small muscles needed for penmanship later on start to be established while coloring.
6) Structure motor abilities
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single job for a length of time is required for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that children learn from coloring pages, with preprinted pictures on them, is how to accept borders. While a young child or preschooler may doodle all over a coloring sheet, without any respect for the borders (lines on the coloring page), as the kid ages, they will start to respect those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring free of charge expression as frequently as possible, for lots of young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first direct exposure to printed borders. This early direct exposure to borders in print, will be a big aid when handwriting time happens, and the kid needs to respect the borders of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "value" of coloring that I will mention for now, which is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the first step towards a successful scholastic career for lots of children. For lots of children coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, finding out the multiplication facts, etc. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I encounter, and it offers children with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is frequently fast to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of achievement will bring them through life, and help them not to quit so easily, when something new occurs.
Back To Airplane Coloring Pages