The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a way for kids and adults alike to express themselves. You can inform a lot about the way a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, etc. It is necessary to offer kids an opportunity to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, many usage art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Treatment - for lots of people (myself included) coloring is healing. No matter whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "best image ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a busy morning of school work, unwind, and calm down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - many kids learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The little muscles required for penmanship later begin to be developed while coloring.
6) Structure motor abilities
7) Focus - Focusing on a single job for a length of time is required for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted images on them, is how to accept borders. While a toddler or young child might scribble all over a coloring sheet, without any regard for the borders (lines on the coloring page), as the kid gets older, they will begin to respect those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I motivate blank paper coloring free of charge expression as frequently as possible, for many preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their first direct exposure to printed borders. This early direct exposure to borders in print, will be a big aid when handwriting time occurs, and the kid needs to respect the borders of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "significance" of coloring that I will point out for now, which is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of accomplishment, the primary step towards an effective academic career for many kids. For many kids coloring in the lines is just as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, learning the reproduction realities, etc. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I come across, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is frequently quick to judge, and slow to react. This sense of accomplishment will carry them through life, and help them not to give up so easily, when something new occurs.
Back To Airplane Coloring Pages