The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (piece of paper), is a method for children and adults alike to reveal themselves. You can inform a lot about the way an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, etc. It is important to give children a possibility to reveal themselves, and not all children reveal themselves through words and through writing, many usage art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Therapy - for many individuals (myself included) coloring is therapeutic. Despite whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "finest image ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a busy morning of school work, wind down, and relax, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - many children find out how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first learning how to hold a crayon. The small muscles needed for penmanship later on begin to be developed while coloring.
6) Building motor abilities
7) Focus - Paying attention to a single job for a length of time is essential for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that children learn from coloring pages, with preprinted images on them, is how to accept limits. While a toddler or preschooler may doodle all over a coloring sheet, with no respect for the limits (lines on the coloring page), as the child ages, they will begin to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring free of charge expression as typically as possible, for many preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed limits. This early exposure to limits in print, will be a big help when handwriting time occurs, and the child has to appreciate the limits of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "value" of coloring that I will discuss in the meantime, which is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the primary step towards a successful scholastic career for many children. For many children coloring in the lines is just as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, finding out the reproduction realities, etc. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I come across, and it provides children with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is typically fast to judge, and slow to react. This sense of achievement will bring them through life, and assist them not to give up so quickly, when something new occurs.
Back To Airplane Coloring Pages