The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a way for kids and grownups alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the method a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, etc. It is necessary to give kids a chance to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, lots of usage art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Treatment - for many people (myself consisted of) coloring is therapeutic. Regardless of whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "best picture ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a busy early morning of school work, wind down, and calm down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids discover how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first learning how to hold a crayon. The little muscles required for penmanship later on begin to be established while coloring.
6) Structure motor skills
7) Focus - Paying attention to a single job for a length of time is required for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Borders - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a young child or young child might scribble all over a coloring sheet, without any respect for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the kid ages, they will begin to respect those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring for free expression as typically as possible, for lots of young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first direct exposure to printed boundaries. This early direct exposure to boundaries in print, will be a huge help when handwriting time happens, and the kid has to respect the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "value" of coloring that I will mention for now, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the initial step towards an effective scholastic profession for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is simply as important as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, finding out the multiplication realities, and so forth. It's a milestone that says "yes I can" do whatever I discover, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is typically quick to judge, and slow to react. This sense of achievement will carry them through life, and assist them not to quit so easily, when something new occurs.
Back To Airplane Coloring Pages