The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a method for kids and grownups alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the way an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, and so on. It is necessary to offer kids an opportunity to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, lots of use art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Therapy - for lots of people (myself included) coloring is therapeutic. Despite whether it's doodling, or coloring the "best photo ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a busy early morning of school work, unwind, and calm down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids find out how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The little muscles needed for penmanship later on begin to be established while coloring.
6) Building motor skills
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single task for a length of time is required for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted images on them, is how to accept limits. While a toddler or preschooler may doodle all over a coloring sheet, without any respect for the limits (lines on the coloring page), as the kid ages, they will begin to respect those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring free of charge expression as frequently as possible, for lots of preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed limits. This early exposure to limits in print, will be a huge assistance when handwriting time comes around, and the kid has to respect the limits of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "value" of coloring that I will point out in the meantime, and that is that coloring in the lines is a turning point, a sense of achievement, the first step towards an effective academic career for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, finding out the reproduction realities, etc. It's a turning point that states "yes I can" do whatever I stumble upon, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and helps them to feel accepted in a society that is frequently fast to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of achievement will bring them through life, and assist them not to give up so easily, when something brand-new occurs.
Back To Airplane Coloring Pages