The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a method for kids and adults alike to reveal themselves. You can inform a lot about the way an individual is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, etc. It is very important to offer kids an opportunity to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, lots of use art.
2) Color recognition
3) Treatment - for lots of people (myself consisted of) coloring is therapeutic. Regardless of whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "best picture ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a hectic morning of school work, wind down, and cool down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of kids learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first learning how to hold a crayon. The small muscles needed for penmanship later on start to be developed while coloring.
6) Structure motor skills
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single job for a length of time is necessary for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Borders - Another thing that kids learn from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept limits. While a young child or preschooler may scribble all over a coloring sheet, with no respect for the limits (lines on the coloring page), as the child gets older, they will start to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring free of charge expression as often as possible, for lots of young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first direct exposure to printed limits. This early direct exposure to limits in print, will be a huge help when handwriting time occurs, and the child needs to appreciate the limits of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "value" of coloring that I will point out for now, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of accomplishment, the initial step towards a successful scholastic career for lots of kids. For lots of kids coloring in the lines is simply as essential as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the reproduction realities, and so forth. It's a milestone that says "yes I can" do whatever I discover, and it provides kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is often fast to judge, and slow to react. This sense of accomplishment will carry them through life, and help them not to quit so easily, when something brand-new comes along.
Back To Airplane Coloring Pages