The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a way for kids and adults alike to reveal themselves. You can inform a lot about the method a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, etc. It is essential to provide kids an opportunity to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, many usage art.
2) Color recognition
3) Treatment - for lots of people (myself included) coloring is therapeutic. Regardless of whether it's doodling, or coloring the "best photo ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a busy early morning of school work, wind down, and cool down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - many kids discover how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The little muscles required for penmanship later on begin to be established while coloring.
6) Building motor skills
7) Focus - Taking note of a single job for a length of time is required for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Limits - Another thing that kids learn from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a toddler or preschooler might scribble all over a coloring sheet, with no regard for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the child grows older, they will begin to respect those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I motivate blank paper coloring free of charge expression as frequently as possible, for many preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed boundaries. This early exposure to boundaries in print, will be a big help when handwriting time happens, and the child has to respect the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "significance" of coloring that I will mention in the meantime, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of accomplishment, the primary step towards a successful academic profession for many kids. For many kids coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the reproduction facts, etc. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I discover, and it offers kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is frequently quick to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of accomplishment will bring them through life, and assist them not to give up so quickly, when something brand-new comes along.
Back To Boat Coloring Pages