The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a way for children and adults alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the way a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, etc. It is important to offer children a chance to express themselves, and not all children express themselves through words and through writing, numerous use art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Treatment - for many people (myself included) coloring is therapeutic. Despite whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "best image ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a busy early morning of school work, unwind, and calm down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - numerous children discover how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The small muscles required for penmanship later begin to be established while coloring.
6) Building motor abilities
7) Focus - Paying attention to a single task for a length of time is needed for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Borders - Another thing that children gain from coloring pages, with preprinted pictures on them, is how to accept borders. While a young child or preschooler may doodle all over a coloring sheet, without any respect for the borders (lines on the coloring page), as the child ages, they will begin to respect those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring for free expression as often as possible, for numerous young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed borders. This early exposure to borders in print, will be a huge help when handwriting time happens, and the child needs to respect the borders of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "significance" of coloring that I will discuss in the meantime, which is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of accomplishment, the primary step towards a successful scholastic career for numerous children. For numerous children coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, finding out the reproduction realities, etc. It's a milestone that says "yes I can" do whatever I come across, and it supplies children with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is often quick to judge, and slow to react. This sense of accomplishment will bring them through life, and help them not to give up so easily, when something brand-new comes along.
Back To Bus Coloring pages