The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (piece of paper), is a way for children and adults alike to express themselves. You can inform a lot about the method a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, and so on. It is important to give children a possibility to express themselves, and not all children express themselves through words and through writing, lots of use art.
2) Color recognition
3) Treatment - for many individuals (myself consisted of) coloring is restorative. Regardless of whether it's doodling, or coloring the "best photo ever", coloring can be a way to de-stress, after a busy early morning of school work, unwind, and cool down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of children learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first learning how to hold a crayon. The small muscles needed for penmanship later start to be established while coloring.
6) Structure motor abilities
7) Focus - Focusing on a single job for a length of time is needed for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that children gain from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept borders. While a toddler or young child might doodle all over a coloring sheet, with no regard for the borders (lines on the coloring page), as the child ages, they will start to appreciate those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I motivate blank paper coloring free of charge expression as typically as possible, for lots of preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their first direct exposure to printed borders. This early direct exposure to borders in print, will be a huge help when handwriting time happens, and the child has to appreciate the borders of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will discuss in the meantime, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of accomplishment, the initial step towards an effective academic profession for lots of children. For lots of children coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, finding out the multiplication truths, etc. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I come across, and it supplies children with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is typically quick to judge, and slow to react. This sense of accomplishment will carry them through life, and assist them not to quit so quickly, when something new occurs.
Back To Bus Coloring pages