The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a method for kids and grownups alike to reveal themselves. You can inform a lot about the method a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, and so on. It is essential to provide kids a chance to reveal themselves, and not all kids reveal themselves through words and through writing, numerous use art.
2) Color recognition
3) Therapy - for many individuals (myself included) coloring is therapeutic. Regardless of whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "best picture ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a hectic morning of school work, unwind, and cool down, after the stresses of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - numerous kids learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by very first knowing how to hold a crayon. The little muscles needed for penmanship later begin to be established while coloring.
6) Structure motor abilities
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single task for a length of time is necessary for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Boundaries - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept limits. While a toddler or young child may scribble all over a coloring sheet, with no respect for the limits (lines on the coloring page), as the kid ages, they will begin to respect those lines, and make an effort to color in between them. While I motivate blank paper coloring for free expression as frequently as possible, for numerous young children pre-printed coloring pages are their very first direct exposure to printed limits. This early direct exposure to limits in print, will be a big aid when handwriting time occurs, and the kid needs to respect the limits of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will discuss in the meantime, which is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the initial step towards a successful academic profession for numerous kids. For numerous kids coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the multiplication realities, etc. It's a milestone that says "yes I can" do whatever I stumble upon, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and helps them to feel accepted in a society that is frequently quick to judge, and slow to respond. This sense of achievement will bring them through life, and help them not to quit so easily, when something new comes along.
Back To Car Coloring Pages