The advantages of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (notepad), is a method for children and grownups alike to express themselves. You can inform a lot about the way a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they utilize, etc. It is essential to give children an opportunity to express themselves, and not all children express themselves through words and through writing, lots of use art.
2) Color acknowledgment
3) Treatment - for many people (myself included) coloring is healing. Despite whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "best picture ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a busy early morning of school work, wind down, and cool down, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - lots of children learn how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first learning how to hold a crayon. The little muscles required for penmanship later on start to be developed while coloring.
6) Structure motor abilities
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single job for a length of time is needed for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Limits - Another thing that children learn from coloring pages, with preprinted pictures on them, is how to accept limits. While a toddler or preschooler might doodle all over a coloring sheet, without any respect for the limits (lines on the coloring page), as the kid gets older, they will start to respect those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I encourage blank paper coloring totally free expression as often as possible, for lots of young children pre-printed coloring pages are their first exposure to printed limits. This early exposure to limits in print, will be a big help when handwriting time comes around, and the kid needs to respect the limits of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Turning point - This is the last little "significance" of coloring that I will discuss for now, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of achievement, the first step towards a successful scholastic profession for lots of children. For lots of children coloring in the lines is just as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, learning the reproduction facts, etc. It's a milestone that states "yes I can" do whatever I stumble upon, and it offers children with pride, a sense of self worth, and helps them to feel accepted in a society that is often fast to judge, and slow to react. This sense of achievement will bring them through life, and assist them not to quit so quickly, when something brand-new comes along.
Back To Car Coloring Pages