The benefits of coloring pages:
1) Self expression - coloring on a blank "canvas" (paper), is a method for kids and adults alike to express themselves. You can tell a lot about the way a person is feeling by the images that they draw, the colors that they use, and so on. It is essential to offer kids an opportunity to express themselves, and not all kids express themselves through words and through writing, many usage art.
2) Color recognition
3) Treatment - for many people (myself included) coloring is healing. Despite whether it's scribbling, or coloring the "finest image ever", coloring can be a method to de-stress, after a hectic early morning of school work, unwind, and relax, after the tensions of a day at school or work.
4) Grip/Control - many kids find out how to hold a pencil, pen, marker, or colored pencil, by first knowing how to hold a crayon. The little muscles needed for penmanship later on start to be established while coloring.
6) Structure motor skills
7) Focus - Taking notice of a single task for a length of time is required for coloring and for all sorts of things throughout one's life.
8) Limits - Another thing that kids gain from coloring pages, with preprinted photos on them, is how to accept boundaries. While a young child or preschooler may scribble all over a coloring sheet, with no regard for the boundaries (lines on the coloring page), as the kid grows older, they will start to respect those lines, and make an effort to color between them. While I motivate blank paper coloring free of charge expression as often as possible, for many preschoolers pre-printed coloring pages are their first direct exposure to printed boundaries. This early direct exposure to boundaries in print, will be a substantial help when handwriting time occurs, and the kid has to respect the boundaries of the preprinted handwriting lines on the paper.
9) Milestone - This is the last little "importance" of coloring that I will mention in the meantime, and that is that coloring in the lines is a milestone, a sense of accomplishment, the initial step towards a successful academic profession for many kids. For many kids coloring in the lines is simply as crucial as counting to 10, counting to 100, reciting the alphabet, discovering the multiplication truths, etc. It's a milestone that says "yes I can" do whatever I encounter, and it supplies kids with pride, a sense of self worth, and assists them to feel accepted in a society that is often fast to judge, and slow to react. This sense of accomplishment will carry them through life, and assist them not to give up so easily, when something new comes along.
Back To Car Coloring Pages